A few notes for myself for this year’s garden…
- We’re planning to plant our garden behind our garage. It has southern exposure, so that means lots of sunlight!
- This year, we’ll keep it simple to see how the soil is. The grass has looked different in that area of our lawn, but hopefully it’s just because it’s winter.
- I will plant tomatoes (jelly bean variety + a larger tomato variety), cucumbers (please, please, please, no groundhogs!!), and zucchini (or deer!!)
- I definitely want to put herbs on my counter in the corner under my kitchen window. Basil and parsley, for sure, and maybe chives. A pot for green onions, because you can regrow the grocery store ones once they’re cut. Dill, too, if I’m feeling crazy and have the space…With all the new recipes we’re trying, fresh herbs are important to have on hand!
- According to almanac.com, the last-frost date for my general area is April 11. (and the first-frost date is Oct 29!! Woooooo hoooooooo for a longer growing season!!). I’ll need to get myself some seed packet information to start planning when I should plant seeds!