Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Somehow we forgot to take a photo. Well, that just means we’ll have to make them again! Not a problem!
Recipe: Big and Chewy Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (pages 572)
- when did we make this? Saturday, July 27, for a game afternoon. Husband entertains his friends in style! ;-) I am posting about these cookies over a month late! oops!
- did we change anything? Nope.
- what did we like? These cookies are everything you want in an oatmeal cookie. They are chewy, moist, and flavorful. I’m not a raisins-in-my-baked-goods fan, and I even liked the raisins (though next time I vote for chocolate chips!).
- what didn’t we like? Nothing!
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? For sure. We are going to try chocolate chips!