Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
I’m posting the first ATK recipe second, because it was consumed after the Chicken Provençal, even though we made it first!
Recipe: Flourless Chocolate Cake from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, page 626
I made the cutouts with my Silhouette SD and placed them on top of the cake before I dusted it with powdered sugar!
- when did we make this? Thursday, January 24, for a dinner party the next night where we celebrated Husband’s birthday.
- did we change anything? Well, not unless you count the cooking time because I managed to turn the oven off when I set the timer. Silly me. I ended up just guessing about the cooking time and thankfully pulled out the cake at just the right temperature.
- what did we like? Everything. It was way easier to make than I’d expected! Plus, it’s pretty much the perfect “naturally” gluten-free dessert, at least in my opinion😉
- what didn’t we like? What’s not to like about flourless chocolate cake??
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Yes, yes, please! No changes necessary. Except remembering to leave the oven on!
- one last note: Since we’re not coffee drinkers in this household, Husband stopped off and bought a small cup of coffee on his way home to use with this recipe. Simple!