As I started my recap, I was kind of discouraged, because I felt like I really didn’t do very well with my goals in February. However, as I went through them just now, I think I did okay, especially considering I was sick for about the second half of the month.
- Continue intentionally learning how to use Lightroom effectively. Specifically, at least watch the videos by Kayla Lamoreau. Well, I feel like I have learned a lot about LR by just using it. I watched one and a half-ish of the videos (which are GREAT, by the way), but then the browser tab got buried under other tabs (I am a compulsive open-tab hoarder). The tab is still open. I still might watch the rest (I probably should). But the important thing is that I am using LR, and it is great. I have no regrets about buying it and using it!
- Finish (truly finish) my Project 366 album. Write a blog post about it. Big time fail. I wrote a post about how much more time this album is taking than I expected. I have made a huge amount of progress, though. I’m getting close. Maybe March is the month it gets finished!
- Get containers for my craft room shelves and organize my supplies into them. There is more stuff on my shelves. It’s even pretty organized! I cut up strips of neon orange scrap paper to mark where different supplies will fit. I discovered that the fabric bins (on the shelf in the top two photos in this post) that used to hold craft supplies in my old craft room– and then baby supplies in the NY nursery– fit in the cubbies! I bought one Cropper Hopper paper holder…buuuuut, it is still in the box. I’ll be getting more of them individually at Hobby Lobby as I have %-off coupons and time to make the trip to our local-ish store.
- Work on my PhD ornament redesign. Done!! I even started working on orders for people on my waiting list from December!!
- Make ONE layout this month. Done!! and I absolutely LOVE it. I wish I could have done more, but there was that pesky 366 album…
- Floss each night this month. Done!! Two months down, 10 to go…
- Figure out planting dates for my tomato, cucumber, and zucchini seeds. Try to find some herb plants for my counter? I have not figured out planting dates. Fail. BUT!! I bought seeds!! I’ve been planning to write a blog post since the day I bought them (Feb 9, for the record!), but obviously that hasn’t happened. I’ve been looking for herb plants, and apparently they’re not in stores yet– at least in the stores I’ve looked. Hopefully soon, though!
- Exercise at least 2 times per week (along with abs+arms every day, as possible/reasonable). I think I did pretty well with this one! I did yoga with a DVD I love… and best of all, there were many days where it was warm enough to walk outside with Vivian! I started a spreadsheet to keep track of my exercising, and I walked over 15 miles in February! I also started tracking my calories with the My Fitness Pal app, which has proven to be very helpful.
- Make (at least) one new recipe from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook. We made Mexican rice, taco beef, and oatmeal scones. Yummm.
- Make (at least) one new recipe from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook. I made a fabulously delicious butternut squash and caramelized onion galette. Yummm.
- Measure current curtains in living room and at least start looking for fabric to make new ones. Fail. I didn’t measure anything, but I did start browsing fabric online. I know exactly what I want, but I’m not finding it. I also am starting to second guess whether I actually want to go with the same style as the current curtains. I’ll continue to think about it…
I’ll be back soon with my March goals. I am still learning what a “reasonable” goal list looks like these days. I think that I should scale back a bit this month, so that I’m not overwhelming myself with impossible expectations. I’d rather finish everything and get to move on to new stuff than have a discouraging list of unfinished goals.