Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Yet another instance of it being hard to resist making the recipes after you’ve seen them on the show!
Recipe: Chicken Enchiladas from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (pages 359-360)
- when did we make this? Tuesday, March 4, for a late supper.
- did we change anything? Eliminated the cilantro. We didn’t have avocado for the garnish, but I’m sure it would have made a fabulous dish even more fabulous.
- what did we like? AMAZING. So very delicious. If I’d had room, I could have happily sat and eaten the entire contents of the 9″x13″ dish.
- what didn’t we like? That I couldn’t eat more!! Haha. Actually, the recipe took a lot more bowls and pots than I usually prefer.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Yes, yes, yes! I will try to figure out a way to be more “economical” in my pots and bowls usage. Maybe as I make it more in the future, I’ll streamline my process.