Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
No photo of this one… I tried, but the shots I took were abysmal. You’ll just have to imagine the luscious goodness.
Recipe: Key Lime Pie from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (page 696/685)
- when did we make this? Husband made this for a Pi Day (3.14) party.
- did we change anything? Nope.
- what did we like? Intense lime flavor was perfectly balanced by the graham cracker crust. I think everyone at the party enjoyed it!
- what didn’t we like? I wasn’t a huge fan of the bits of lime zest in the filling.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? I hope so! I might think about straining the zest out of the filling next time, but that might also make the filling lose some of that amazing lime flavor.