Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Oven-Barbecued Chicken from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (pages 90-91)
- when did we make this? Thursday, April 11, for supper.
- did we change anything? Nope.
- what did we like? Pretty tasty. I liked the sweetness of the “homemade” barbecue sauce, and it had a fun kick, too.
- what didn’t we like? The idea behind this recipe is that it is good for those times when you “can’t” get out and barbecue your chicken. So it was kind of a lot of work, and I’m not sure that it was worth it, since we’re not afraid of just firing up the grill whatever the weather (remember this?)
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? This won’t be our first choice of repeat recipes. Not because it wasn’t tasty, but because it’s just easier for us to grill.