Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Broccoli Slaw from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook, pages 72-73
- when did we make this? Tuesday, April 23 for lunch + dinner
- did we change anything? Yes. Substituted Miracle Whip for mayonnaise (it’s what I had on hand) and left out the sugar, since MW is sweet. I also dramatically reduced the amount of onion, since it sadly gives me a stomachache to eat it raw these days.
- what did we like? Don’t judge me: I ate 3/4 of it over two meals today. It was that good. (I did feel enabled by the notes at the beginning of the recipe ;-))
- what didn’t we like? Nothing!
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Yes. I never knew I would like raw broccoli. This recipe totally changed my mind. I will now buy raw broccoli to make this slaw, over and over and over again. YUM.