Most of the inserts for my Project 366 album are fairly simple. To give myself some limits, all of the inserts are smaller than 12×12 (I wanted to make sure that it was clear that they were not part of the daily-photo weekly spreads). I also challenged myself to only use scraps from my scrap drawer (including 6×6 paper pads that I’d already broken into) and embellishment packages and sheets that I’ve already started using.
For this insert, however, I felt inspired to be a little bit more detailed and embellish-y. I found that to be really easy and enjoyable when I used supplies from a collection pack (Jillibean Soup’s Blossom Soup) that I’ve had on hand for a while now. Usually these divided/pocket page protectors exhaust me creatively, but this time, I love the results!
Throughout my album, I have made title cards with my Silhouette software… For this insert, I mistakenly cut the title card for the size of a baseball card protector (oops… I had been on a roll for some of the other inserts’ title cards), but I like how it turned out, matted on green cardstock to match the patterned papers. Some little banner shapes layered on top gave me room to add the date.
I added lots of little layered embellishments using the die cuts and stickers that came with the collection.
P.S. There isn’t much journaling on the page, besides a few little labels, because the journaling card in the photo-a-day portion of the album gives a pretty thorough description of our day.