Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Skillet Beef Stroganoff from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (page 55)
- when did we make this? Sunday, May 12, for Mother’s Day. (Again, we’d seen the episode with this recipe and decided to make it as soon as possible!)
- did we change anything? Nope.
- what did we like? It was delicious, everything we’ve come to expect from an ATK recipe: the best version of itself.
- what didn’t we like? Nothing!
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Yes. We might halve the recipe, or if we make the whole thing, add only half of the sour cream to half of the otherwise-finished recipe, since the leftovers weren’t quite as good as the original.