Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Whole Lemon Bars from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook, pages 217-219
- when did we make this? Friday, May 17, for dinner guests
- did we change anything? No. I did weigh out exactly 4.5 oz. of lemon, though, since my lemons were smaller than the ones called for in the recipe…
- what did we like? so, SO easy to make!! Seriously, people. You don’t have to zest or juice lemons! Just throw it all in the food processor!! (I love my food processor.) And they were incredibly rich and delicious.
- what didn’t we like? Only that each bar is a little over 200 calories 😉
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Yep. They are so easy and delicious, how could I not make them?! P.S. This was a “vindication” for me– we had the same friends over tonight that were witnesses to the blueberry cake fail… And this recipe worked beautifully. (Yes, I did taste one “just in case,” before they came 😉 )