It was a good month!!
- Finish the Project 366 album. Nope! I didn’t even try. And it felt great. After a great comment that I received from Christine, I started thinking about how, right now, this album is not fun for me. I like my crafting time to be fun. The important parts of the album are finished, so I decided to just let this goal go in May. So for the whole month, I didn’t touch the album (other than to take some photos–see below–and move it off of my craft table!). And I am a lot happier for it. Perhaps I will finish it up in June, we’ll see.
- write a blog post about one or two of my favorite inserts. DONE. Not sure if I will post more, yet.
- write a blog post about the weekly title cards. Photos are taken and awaiting editing. Still need to write this post! It will happen in June!
- Make ONE layout this month and/or finish the Iowa mini album. I made two!! Niagara Falls and Wharton Escherick/Valley Forge. Man, it felt good. I can’t wait to make more! I also made two cards. PLUS, I am thisclose to finishing the Iowa album [edited 6/4/2013 to add: the Iowa mini is finished! I will have a post about it soon].
- Floss each night this month. Done!
- Maintain the garden. Done! See an update post HERE. We also added a compost bin.
- Exercise at least 2 times per week (along with abs+arms every day, as possible/reasonable). Done. I logged 33.75 total miles in May, and over 5 of those miles were jogging… and using the MapMyRun app, I discovered that my average jogging pace was <10 min/mile! Incredible. I never thought I’d jog that fast.
- Make (at least) one new recipe from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook. oooooh, we had some good food again this month! Baked Ziti. Beef Stroganoff. Arroz con Pollo. Creamy Tomato Sauce. Looks like we’re averaging about one new recipe per week!
- Make (at least) one new recipe from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook. I loved these Whole Lemon Bars!
- Finish the fabric alphabet magnets for Vivian. DONE! (6/6/2013: I even made some extra letters, including two more “E”s, yesterday)
- Hem and hang the Ikea Lenda curtains for the living room. Done! It totally changed the look of the room, and I LOVE THEM.
Aside from the (purposeful) fail on the Project 366 goal, May was an incredibly productive month! It looks like the Project 366 was damming up my creative juices. I am so glad that I put it off for now. I know it will get finished eventually, so I’m not going to worry about it.