Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Nut-crusted Chicken Breasts from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (page 85-86)
- when did we make this? Sunday, June 23, for supper with my sister-in-law
- did we change anything? We used 3 Tbsp of minced vidalia onion instead of the one shallot.
- what did we like? Everything. The flavor was great. The coating was crunchy. The chicken was moist. Lovely.
- what didn’t we like? Nothing!
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? We’ll definitely make it again. We might try different nuts (walnust, pecans, etc.) just to see how it tastes, but whatever the nut, this recipe is great!