I think I did really well on my goals this past month! (my original goals/comments on the goals for June can be found HERE). Not only did I accomplish everything on my list, but I also managed to fit in a few other projects, too.
- Make (at least) TWO layouts this month. I made three! See them here, here, and here. I had a lot of fun with them and I’m excited to feel like I”m back into the swing of things with my scrapbooking. I’m also learning to work on my paper projects only when I’m feeling inspired. I have enough other hobbies to work on in between that I don’t need to “force” my creativity–and I’m much happier with the results.
- Sew fabric napkins (three sets). Well, I only made two sets, because I liked my third fabric enough that I might make something else with it, rather than just napkins.
- Finish an altered photo board book for my daughter. See it HERE. It has been so fun to watch her connect the people in the pictures with the people she sees in “real life” or on Skype 🙂
- Floss each night this month. Done!
- Maintain the garden. I owe an update post…It’s a jungle out there!
- Exercise at least 2 times per week (along with abs+arms every day, as possible/reasonable). I logged just over 43 miles in June! wooo hoooo! A little over 8.5 of those miles were jogging by myself (avg. pace 9:15/mile, wow! never thought I’d be that fast…), but the rest were walking/jogging with Vivian in her stroller.
- Make (at least) three new recipes from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook. We made Slow-Roasted Beef, Rice Salad, Steak Fajitas, and Nut Crusted Chicken Breasts.
- Make (at least) one new recipe from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook. We made the S’more Layer Cake.
- “Sort” my computer. I made some good progress on this. My surprisingly-vast digital scrapbooking supply collection (considering I don’t really make digital layouts) is almost transferred to an external hard drive for storage, which definitely cleared some space. I also took care of some redundant files and sorted some photos that were “lying around loose” in my pictures folder. The conclusion after all of this is that I still need more storage space, though! I need to figure out how to divide my Lightroom catalog and keep part on an external hard drive.
And the unofficial item:
- finish the Project 366 album. I did end up working on it this month! I have decided to split it into two binders. I’ve purchased a second binder and hope that it comes in the mail soon! I’ve finished all of the inserts, and I have made the two cover pages and finished the last page in the first album. I have half of the last page in the second album to finish, plus one journal card needs to be written out (I’ve already written the text, it just needs to be copied onto the card). I also have the backside of one insert to fill with photos. But that is it!! I will share my cover and last pages on the blog soon, probably.