Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Cucumber Salad from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (page 40)
- when did we make this? Thursday, July 25, for supper
- did we change anything? Nope.
- what did we like? Really tasty flavor combination.
- what didn’t we like? Well, honestly I was a bit surprised by this recipe. The cucumbers seemed to be drowning in the dressing, which is very unlike ATK. I didn’t weigh the actual cucumbers I used for the recipe, but I weighed another one that was similar, and based on its weight, I used the right amount. I think I probably could have had twice the amount of cucumbers and the dressing would have been about right.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? I think so, though Husband didn’t like it as much as me. It’s not at the top of my cucumber salad list (my heart is held by creamy cucumbers), but it is a tasty change of pace. I will probably adjust the amount of dressing in the future.