Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Pizza Bianca from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (pages 287-288)
- when did we make this? Friday, July 26, for supper (with Creamless Creamy Tomato Soup!)
- did we change anything? I didn’t put rosemary on top, since neither Husband nor I care for it.
- what did we like? Totally delicious!
- what didn’t we like? This is not a meal in itself. It really is a substantial side dish/bread to go with something else. In the ATK episode that we watched, they actually top it with tomatoes and cheese to make it more like a pizza we’re familiar with. We wanted to try it as-written first.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Yep! It’s delicious and not very hard to make, it just needs time. Maybe we’ll try it topped with tomatoes and cheese sometime, too.