Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Creamless Creamy Tomato Soup from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (pages 10-11)
- when did we make this? Friday, July 26, for supper (with Pizza Bianca!)
- did we change anything? Nope. I even included the brandy, which we had on hand from the stroganoff recipe!
- what did we like? A tasty, light soup. (I calculated it to be 194 cal/serving! Not bad.) It is also a really quick recipe!
- what didn’t we like? I generally prefer a slightly sweeter tomato soup. I did miss the cream a bit. Also, for us, it isn’t a stand-alone meal-soup, we definitely were glad to have something with it. It would be fantastic for lunch with a salad and/or sandwich!
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Possibly. If we make it again, I might add a bit more sugar.