I had a pretty short list of goals for July…
- Floss each night this month. Done. This is a downright habit now!
- Maintain the garden (and write an update post or two!). The garden is booming. At least, the cucumbers are! In July, we got 20 cucumbers from the Burpee plant alone! Wow. We also got our first tomato.
- Exercise at least 2 times per week. I didn’t state it specifically on my blog, but I challenged myself (inspired by a friend) to log 50 miles walking and/or running this month. I thought it might be a stretch, but I surprised myself by blowing that goal out of the water and logging a whopping 60.83 miles this month! Wow. I’ve really been pushing myself, and I have been running–and walking– longer and longer distances. I think all of my walking/jogging with my daughter in her stroller has been a great conditioning technique. In fact, in mid-July, I ran (no stroller) 3.72 miles with an average pace of 8:59!! Average pace! I never thought I’d ever run that fast. I’m pretty proud of myself 🙂
- Make some new recipes from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook. We ate well in July! Glazed pork chops, oven fried chicken and classic mashed potatoes, cucumber salad, pizza bianca, and creamless creamy tomato soup.
- Make (at least) one new recipe from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook. The gooey cinnamon bars were a hit!
- Do some scrapbooking, if it fits my schedule. I made a bunch of cards with a friend. I even started a 2-page layout, but it is not quite finished–I need to figure out how to add the journaling**. I don’t have as much time (nap schedules are changing…dum dum dum…), and my creative pendulum was swinging to the sewing side this month!
- Do some sewing. This month, I was super-excited to sew!! I started the hand-stitched reverse-applique pillows, and have been taking my time (on purpose) with them. I refashioned a T-shirt (and now I want to refashion a few others that are languishing in my closet…). I created a lining/sewn-in slip for a sundress I had purchased (it was too sheer to wear without it). I hemmed a maxi dress that I purchased. And I made baby shoes!
- finish the Project 366 album. YES!!!! I am so happy with the result!!
It was a great month. I’m glad that I kept my goals list minimal so that I could enjoy the summer fun as it came along!
**side note: I don’t often get to this point any more with my scrapbook pages. I tend to plan my layouts with the journaling in mind, since the story behind the pictures is the reason I actually make scrapbook layouts (rather than photo albums). This time, the photos (there are a ton of them) took up more room than I expected and my original plan may not work. I’ve been procrastinating figuring it out!