Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Stovetop Rice Pudding from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (page 642)
- when did we make this? Monday, August 19, just because.
- did we change anything? Nope. Husband used sushi rice, because it is medium-grain!
- what did we like? I was not really sure what to expect, since rice pudding has always been a bit unattractive to me, but it was truly delicious! It was creamy and rich, and on the first night, warm and cozy. We ate more in subsequent days (it makes 6 very generous servings!) and I even liked it cold! Wow! Vivian loved it, too.
- what didn’t we like? Nothing.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Probably. It sounds like a wonderful dessert for a cold, fall or winter night.