Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Fudgy Low-Fat Brownies from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (pages 588-589)
- when did we make this? Thursday, August 22, for a celebration dinner! (and because I was dying to try them)
- did we change anything? I ended up making more changes than usual! I couldn’t find just Dutch-processed cocoa powder in my brief search, so I used Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder, which is a combination of Dutch-process and natural cocoa powders. I also used reg. sour cream, since I didn’t have low-fat sour cream on hand. And finally, even though I thought I’d planned properly, I was short an egg, so I replaced an egg white with powdered egg replacer.
- what did we like? You would never know these brownies are low fat! They are fudgy, rich, and super-delicious. We all enjoyed every single bite.
- what didn’t we like? Nothing!
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Oh yes, definitely!!