Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Chicken and Dumplings from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (pages 69-70)
- when did we make this? Tuesday, September 10, for supper
- did we change anything? I made 1/3 of the recipe (which ended up being a good-sized meal for Husband and me). I didn’t have sherry, but since I’d reduced the recipe, I only needed about a tablespoon and a half, so I used Chinese cooking wine instead. I don’t think it affected the flavor! 😉
- what did we like? This is the perfect comfort food. It is delicious. The end.
- what didn’t we like? The recipe is not hard, but it takes time. I’ll need to plan ahead, but no biggie!
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Oh yes! In fact, I already did, about a week after the first time!)