Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Tomato-glazed Meatloaves with Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook, pages 187-188
- when did we make this? Sunday, September 29, for supper.
- did we change anything? No, just halved the recipe.
- what did we like? This was a really tasty and delicious meal. We especially liked the idea of individual meatloaf balls (that way you get more of that coveted outer edge). I also LOVED the brown butter taste in the potatoes!
- what didn’t we like? Nothing, really.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Yes, we will make these again– the recipe was tasty and not difficult. I know for sure that we will be using the idea of individual meatloaf balls, even with other meatloaf mixtures!