So let’s see how I did. I actually did not refer back to the September goals blog post for the entire month. There were a lot of days when I felt just plain overwhelmed. It took me a lot longer to get back into the “swing of things” after our adventure-filed August, and that was part of the overwhelm, I think.
- ENJOY & TREASURE. We had some really fun times this month as a family, and also for V and me at home during the day. I don’t think I’ll ever “check” this goal of my list, but I think I did an okay job this past month. I can always, always improve, though!
- puppet theater for V — mostly finished. I need to get the tension rods so that I make the rod pockets the appropriate width. I also need to finish the tiebacks and decide whether I will embellish the theater at all.
- tutu for V — not accomplished. I am waiting for tulle to be on a better sale than it was for most of the month.
- baby shoes for Husband’s coworker — done. I actually made two pairs at once, since I wanted to send a second pair to another special little baby girl. Blog post coming soon.
- one layout or start planning a December album for V’s first month scrapbook — well, this goal didn’t turn out at ALL like I’d expected. I finished a layout that had been started back in July(!!). So that was good. But instead of tackling V’s first-month-scrapbook, I ended up making an entire photobook (I had a coupon for a free one!) on Shutterfly with our beach vacation photos. It should be arriving any day now. As I worked on it, I realized that it actually is a scrapbook in its own right– I was making a form of a digital scrapbook. Hmm. I hope to write a blog post about this project soon, too.
- beach-themed photo board book — I got the photos chosen, edited, and printed. I’d intended to work on this project with a friend, but due to various circumstances, we were unable to get together like we expected. I’m finishing it up in the next day or so (10/4/2013)
- log at least 55 miles this month, running+walking (but increase the running mileage) — DONE! I logged 61.02 miles this month. Aaaaannnnd, I definitely upped the running. In fact, I started running with V in her (non-jogging) stroller (I must look like a crazy person, but whatever). I am super proud of myself for being able to run 3+ miles in a stretch with the stroller now. Plus, there was that awesome Color in Motion 5K!
- do my arms+abs exercise set every day! — I did really well until about the last week of the month, and then I lost steam. But 3 weeks straight is nothing to sneeze at!
- Make some new recipes from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook. — We made chicken and dumplings (actually, I made the recipe a second time, too! :))
- Make (at least) one new recipe from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook. — We made mini meatloaf balls with brown-butter mashed potatoes.
In addition to all of this, I did also make a tutu (heee!), complete two PhD ornament orders and receive (and start) two more.
Looking back, I don’t think that I did too shabbily. I’ll have to give some thought to October’s goals, though. It seems I need another readjustment in terms of what is reasonably accomplish-able. At the same time, there are Halloween costumes to think of, and whether I’ll be making any more homemade birthday and Christmas gifts!