Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Do you believe that I didn’t take ANY pictures of our Thanksgiving turkey?!?! I know, seriously. That is so unlike me. I did catch a peek of it in the background of another photo, though.
Recipe: Classic Roast Turkey/Roast Turkey for a Crowd from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (page 112/114)
- when did we make this? Thanksgiving 2013!
- did we change anything? Well, we started off intending to use the Classic Roast Turkey recipe (pg. 112), which we made last Thanksgiving (the best turkey I’d ever had, bar none), but the smallest turkey my parents could find was 21.5 lbs! The bird was brined in a solution with the ratios laid out in the Classic recipe, but since it was so large, we “upgraded” to the cooking instructions for the Turkey for a Crowd.
- what did we like? Moist, flavorful, delicious turkey!
- what didn’t we like? That we don’t have it more frequently throughout the year!
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Definitely!