Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Bananas Foster from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (page 670)
- when did we make this? Tuesday, January 31, for our New Year’s Eve celebration with friends. This is not the first time we tried to make Bananas Foster, but it was the first time we had (and used) all the right ingredients!
- did we change anything? Nope.
- what did we like? Not only did it taste great, but it is a fantastically showy dish for a celebration like New Year’s Eve.
- what didn’t we like? Nothing.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Yep! This is our second time making it, and we’re happy to be establishing this as a family tradition for New Year’s Eve.