I’m continuing our challenge from 2013 to make at least one new recipe from our two newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2014.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Best Drop Biscuits from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (pages 546-547)
- when did we make this? Tuesday, January 14, 2014, for supper with chicken ala king.
- did we change anything? Halved the recipe, and when I scooped it out with a 1/4 cup as directed, it only made 5 biscuits, rather than the 6 I expected. Also, I baked them for about 2 minutes less than the recipe directed. I was using my new Silpat baking sheet, perhaps this affected their cooking time?? Finally, I used powdered buttermilk mixed with water to make the buttermilk.
- what did we like? These are some pretty yummy biscuits! And they are easy!
- what didn’t we like? Nothing.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Of course! Any time I need a drop biscuit recipe, I’ll probably pull this one out!