So, how did I do in February with my goals?
- Make PhD ornaments for the customers on my waiting list. DONE!! I completed five ornaments this month, and my store is officially in “vacation mode.”
- If possible, edit and print the photos for V’s December album. DONE!!
- Exercise 2-3 times per week, at least. So this month was quite difficult for me; I was dealing with being completely exhausted– and I wasn’t expecting this, since in my first pregnancy, I had a lot of energy in my 2nd trimester! But I didn’t have a toddler then! So, my total “official” exercise time this month was about five hours, compared to January’s four-and-a-half. Not a huge increase, but I tried really hard for that two-times-per-week goal, and I did a pretty good job. I also decided, mid-month-ish, to start up my almost-daily arm exercise routine again. I want to keep my arms toned, since I am to be a bridesmaid in a wedding 6 weeks after my baby’s due date!
- Plan my 2014 garden, which probably includes planting seeds. DONE!!
- New recipes from ATK and SK: ATK Quick Tomato Sauce. SK Leek Fritters (post coming). ATK Pasta al Limone (post coming). SK Mushroom Bourguignon (post coming).
- unexpected accomplishments:
- I made a layout!
- I made a pair of running slippers for my little girl.
- I made jersey-knit skirt (post coming).
- I backed up all the photos on my laptop hard-drive (2012-present) to my private Flickr account. From here on, my goal is that at the end of each month, I will add photos from that month to Flickr.
- I traced the patterns to start working on a doll for my daughter (see March’s goals!)
I am really excited about how well I did in February! For the last week, I felt like I was working on “bonus time” because the ornaments were finished, as were many of my other goals. Also, Husband and I are huge Olympics-watchers, and so I was able to do a bit of computer work in the evenings while we watched. This really helped me to complete my photo backup and get the photos prepared for V’s December album.
Okay, so on that encouraging note, I’m going to set some goals for March. We have a lot of extra stuff going on this month, so I’m going to try hard not to overestimate what I can do…
- sew a doll for my daughter, with one dress and one “undersuit.” Possibly even some little diapers for the doll, too.
- start making plans for the bridal shower I am throwing with my mother for my sister-in-law to-be. I’m not sure how to quantify this one. But I’d at least like to have created a Pinterest board of ideas (beyond the brainstorming stage).
- decide on a sketch for the “highlight layout” pages of V’s December album and start working on those layouts, if possible.
- Exercise 2-3 times per week, at least. Again, I’d like to increase my total exercise time, compared to February! I’d also like to do my arm exercise regimen every day (or almost every day!)
- Take care of the sprouts. And maybe do an update or two about them on the blog.
- New recipes from ATK and SK.