I’m continuing our challenge from 2013 to make at least one new recipe from our two newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2014.”
~ ~ ~
Another recipe for Mission Pasta-ble!
Recipe: Spaghetti al Limone from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (pages 238-239)
- when did we make this? Thursday, February 27, for supper.
- did we change anything? We used linguine rather than spaghetti. It’s what we had. I also did not have fresh basil (boo!).
- what did we like? This dish was lighter, yet it tasted rich– only 1/4 cup of cream for a whole pound of pasta!
- what didn’t we like? We sauteed a chicken breast to add some protein to the meal, since it seemed like it wouldn’t be quite enough on its own.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Probably. Any time I have a dish with lemon in it, I think of my mom, so maybe we’ll try and make it for her next time! 😉