I’m continuing our challenge from 2013 to make at least one new recipe from our two newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2014.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Mushroom Bourguignon from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook, pages 151-153
- when did we make this? Friday, February 28, 2014, for supper
- did we change anything? I forgot to get pearl onions, so we left them out
- what did we like? This made for a cozy, tasty supper.
- what didn’t we like? We thought the sour cream was an almost necessary topping to round out the flavors.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Possibly. It wasn’t the most wow-inspiring dish I’ve had, but it was tasty. Husband said that while he enjoyed it, it did give him the sense of of a traditional bourguignon or stroganoff that was missing the meat.