I’m continuing our challenge from 2013 to make at least one new recipe from our two newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2014.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Easier Fried Chicken from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (pages 106-107)
- when did we make this? Saturday, March 1, for supper.
- did we change anything? We used all thighs. It took longer to cook the chicken, and we suspect it may have been because the thighs weren’t completely defrosted (internally) when we made this recipe.
- what did we like? This really does seem to be an easier way to make fried chicken. The best part is that it uses SO much less oil!! The crispy coating was really tasty, and the chicken was so moist and flavorful!
- what didn’t we like? This was one of the only times when the ATK cooking time in the recipe didn’t work. As I mentioned before, we suspect that the thighs maybe weren’t thoroughly defrosted when we began cooking.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Yep, we’ll probably make this again when we’re craving tasty fried chicken!