I’m continuing our challenge from 2013 to make at least one new recipe from our two newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2014.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Creamy Buttermilk Coleslaw from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (pages 41-42)
- when did we make this? Saturday, March 15, for supper, with baked beans and grilled barbeque chicken. We’re pretending it’s summer 😉
- did we change anything? I forgot to add the parsley!
- what did we like? Tangy and tasty!
- what didn’t we like? The onion flavor from the shallot was quite strong. It could have been because it was a larger shallot than I probably should have used… If I make it in the future, I will reduce the amount, or possibly replace it with onion flakes for a milder flavor. By the next day, the flavor had mellowed, though.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? It’s good. I liked it better than Husband, so we might try another recipe (there’s one just before it in the ATK cookbook!) before deciding which one is our go-to.