March was a crazy-busy month for our family! But even in the midst of it all, I managed to do pretty well on my goals!
- sew a doll for my daughter, with one dress and one “undersuit.” Possibly even some little diapers for the doll, too. The doll is finished, and so is the undersuit and dress, aside from the little closure snaps (don’t have them and need to buy some!). I haven’t made the diapers yet, so that’s been moved to April’s goals. Look for a blog post about the doll coming soon!
- start making plans for the bridal shower. Not only did I put together a Pinterest board and decide on a color scheme with my mom, but I created a digital invitation and started making some of the decorations with my mom! I made way more progress on this than I expected. I’m planning to write the blog posts about this shower in April.
- decide on a sketch for the “highlight layout” pages of V’s December album and start working on those layouts, if possible. I ended up creating 4 sketches for the 31+ layouts for the album (I realized one sketch would get boring!). At a craft day at my church, I was brave and dove right in to chop up the patterned papers to start making the layouts. I have the pieces for 16 layouts prepared! I’ll be writing a blog post about this soon, too– hopefully!
- Exercise 2-3 times per week, at least. My total “official” exercise time for March was essentially the same as in February (just under 5 hours). Not as high as I’d like, but I’ll take it (especially considering I had a very sore knee for about a week).
- Take care of the sprouts. They’re doing well! Here’s the update I wrote this month.
- New recipes from ATK and SK: It was a tasty month 🙂 We made fried chicken, buttermilk cole slaw, brownie roll-out cookies, and chocolate-chip brioche pretzles (post coming). Yum 😉
- Unexpected accomplishments:
April is upon us! I don’t have many weeks left before the baby comes, and we’re going to be converting my craft room into our little boy’s nursery soon. But I’ll be crafting like a crazy woman until I have to put my stuff away! Here are my goals for this month:
- Throw an awesome bridal shower for my sister-in-law-to-be.
- Make layouts for V’s December album.
- Make doll-sized cloth diapers for my daughter’s doll.
- Plan crib skirt, curtains, and a few decorations for my son’s nursery.
- New recipes from ATK and SK, of course.
- Take care of the sprouts. This will probably involve transplanting them to larger containers.
- Exercise 2-3 times per week. I’m hoping it gets easier this month as the weather should be warming up!
Okay, wow, that list is getting long. I’m going to stop there. Wish me luck!