In April, I set myself a pretty long list of goals. Here’s how I did…
- Throw an awesome bridal shower for my sister-in-law-to-be. The shower was a success! (at least, in my humble opinion!) I’ve already posted about the invitation, and I have some more posts coming about the rest of the preparations we made.
- Make layouts for V’s December album. Well, this one didn’t happen. I had to let something go, because this month was more full than I’d originally thought. But I did write a post about the awesome doilies I ordered for the album!
- Make doll-sized cloth diapers for my daughter’s doll. Done. I also made another dress! 🙂 I have posts about my daughter’s doll coming up soon.
- Plan crib skirt, curtains, and a few decorations for my son’s nursery. I have made lots of little drawings, made measurements, and purchased the fabric for my son’s crib skirt. I also have fabric and a zipper for a boppy cover, as well as a list of less-essential decorations I’d like to make. It all will happen in May (at least, I hope!)
- New recipes from ATK and SK. We made orange beef stir fry, beef satay, and pesto, all from the ATK cookbook (pesto post coming soon).
- Take care of the sprouts. Wellllll… the Jelly Bean sprouts have died, I think 😦 Definite sprout fail! But we do have plans to put in the garden this coming weekend!
- Exercise 2-3 times per week. It was so wonderful to be able to get outside and enjoy the warmer weather this month. MapMyRun is much more reliable in open air 😉 and I logged almost 9 miles walking this month. We are exploring a new-to-us park near us, and it has some crazy hills! For this pregnant mama, they are a big challenge (especially pushing a stroller), and I am definitely slowing down. The weather is (hopefully) only getting nicer, so I look forward to enjoying more walks in May!
- Unexpected accomplishments:
- new laptop = computer migration
- made a couple of thank-you cards (you guessed it– post coming!)
It seems that the story of this month is that I worked on a lot of projects but didn’t post about them yet! Post-a-palooza is coming soon! Even though from looking at the list above, it would seem that this month wasn’t entirely a success, I am pleased with what I accomplished.
And, I haven’t learned my lesson to slow down! I’m feeling like I’m in the home stretch before the baby comes, and I have a lot to do! Here’s this month’s list of goals (yes, it is crazy. I know, you don’t need to tell me.):
- Lots of blog posts about April’s projects (haha)
- Set up our son’s nursery. This includes dismantling my current craft room, rearranging furniture, and several sewing projects (and maybe a few paper ones, too)
- Prepare a photo-a-day album (Project 365) to start June 1. This will be my son’s “baby book,” like I did for V with the Project 366 album. (I’ve already purchased the albums themselves, as well as the Project Life Jade Edition. I still have some more details to work out this month, though).
- Photobook project (it’s a surprise, and a gift, so that’s all I’ll say here)
- Plant the garden outside.
- V’s December album. At least put the layouts together– at best, finish it!!
- New recipes from ATK and SK.
- Exercise 2-3 times per week.
Here’s to the challenge! Wish me luck!!!