I’m continuing our challenge from 2013 to make at least one new recipe from our two newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2014.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook (pages 203-205)
- when did we make this? Saturday, May 10, 2014 to bring to dinner with friends. I made the dough the night before, and Husband finished them off while I was out crafting for the day (wonderful Mother’s Day gift!!)
- did we change anything? Nope.
- what did we like? These cookies are rich and delicious. I especially liked the occasional crunch of a sea salt crystal.
- what didn’t we like? The cookies are very peanut-y, and although there is chocolate flavor, the peanut flavor dominates. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but we might have liked a bit more chocolatey goodness.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Yep.