Here’s a recap of how I did in May (and if I do say so myself, I think I did pretty awesomely ;-))
- Lots of blog posts about April’s projects. Well, if you’ve been following the blog, you know that I’ve been able to post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday–plus a few bonus posts! In addition, with all the projects I worked on in May, I have posts scheduled well into June, as well!
- Set up our son’s nursery. We dismantled the craft room and moved a lot of furniture (it was like a big dance in our upstairs!), and I sewed up a storm! I made a crib skirt, Boppy cover, rocking chair pillow, and a taggie pillow; I appliqued stripes onto some curtains, and Husband completed an awesome mobile to hang over our boy’s bed. Posts about all of these items will be coming in June (as well as posts about my daughter’s doll)!
- Prepare a photo-a-day album (Project 365) to start June 1. My awesome friend J has recently decided to do a Project Life album, and so we got together to set up our albums together! I was glad for the “accountability” of working with her, because it meant that I got all of the “regular” journaling cards organized pre-placed in the pockets for the year ahead, starting on June 1 (I want to capture a bit of “everyday life” in the album before our boy is born). I’m planning a blog post about the process, since it’s going to be a bit different from my last two photo-a-day album projects.
- Photobook gift project. I made really good progress on this project. I am still waiting for a few things from someone to be able to completely finish, but it is mostly done. I created my own templates for the pages, and I am really happy with how it is looking.
- Plant the garden outside. Yep! We planted.… and replanted! (Thank you again, Husband, for all your hard work.)
- V’s December album. I am so proud of how much I’ve accomplished on this project. All 40 (FORTY!!!!) of the “main photo” layouts are finished (this includes the ones from the first couple days!), including journaling (though they still need numbers and possibly embellishments, though I’m waffling on the embellishments). All of the pages are in order in a temporary binder while I work. The baseball card protector pages are inserted, and I’ve made good progress adding the small photos, extra journaling, and memorabilia. These pages are actually a harder step than I’d anticipated. So the album is not finished, but it has come so far!! Here’s to hoping I can finish before our new baby arrives!
- New recipes from ATK and SK. We made chocolate peanut butter cookies and pasta alfredo (our 50th recipe from the ATK cookbook!!).
- Exercise 2-3 times per week. I did pretty well with this until I injured my back. Since some days ended with me barely able to move, I decided it was best to hold off “formal” exercise (including walks) to protect myself.
- Bonus accomplishments:
- shirred sundress for my daughter.
- I played with watercolors while my daughter was painting one day and got to try out a couple techniques (THIS one and THIS one) that I’ve seen recently, for use on future cards.
- Husband and I made some stenciled onesies for our boy, to give as a gift, and we even made a gift for our little girl and her friend at the same time! Of course, there will be a blog post of those onesies coming soon!
June is my baby’s due date! I’m not going to set any “official” project goals for June, even though I do have a list of projects I would like to work on if I am able! Here are my top three:
- Finish V’s album.
- Start– and keep up with!– the baby’s Project 365 album.
- Make a monogram for the baby’s room.