I’m continuing our challenge from 2013 to make at least one new recipe from our two newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2014.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Greek-Style Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (pages 207-208)
- when did we make this? Friday, August 22, for supper.
- did we change anything? The recipe called for a combination of ouzo and dry white wine, but the liquor store Husband went to didn’t have ouzo, so the man at the shop recommended Sambuco, which is an anise flavored, dry wine.
- what did we like? I liked the sweetness of the sauce (especially from the red bell pepper): it complimented the shrimp really well.
- what didn’t we like? After a few bites, the flavor of the dill was really overwhelming to me.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Not sure. It was certainly an interesting and pretty tasty shrimp dish. If we make this recipe again, I will definitely reduce the amount of fresh dill. I’d also like to figure out a good side starch to serve with it. We had bread with it when we first ate the dish, and when I had it left over the next day, I had it with couscous, which I liked a bit better. I’m not sure what would be the best side dish, though.