I’m continuing our challenge from 2013 to make at least one new recipe from our two newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2014.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Angel Food Cake from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (page 594)
- when did we make this? Sunday, September 14, to share with friends on the 15th. We’ve had egg whites saved in the freezer after using a lot of yolks making custard to use in my ice cream machine attachment for my mixer.
- did we change anything? Nope.
- what did we like? Holy cow, this is delicious, and I wouldn’t normally pick angel food cake!
- what didn’t we like? Nothing.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Definitely. It is an absolute bonus to have a fantastic recipe to make with the egg whites we have left after making homemade ice cream! 😉