I’m continuing our challenge from 2013 to make at least one new recipe from our two newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2014.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Classic Yellow Cake from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (pages 614-615)
I didn’t get a decent photo of the inside of the cake,
but you can click HERE to read about the decorated cake!
- when did we make this? Saturday, November 29, 2014, for my daughter’s birthday celebration the next day.
- did we change anything? No, but I didn’t use the buttercream recipe included, since I was using a Craftsy class to learn buttercream skills. I thought it might be best to use the frosting recipe from the class at first.
- what did we like? The batter tasted divine! 🙂
- what didn’t we like? I think I may have slightly overbaked the cake, or it dried out as I was chilling it to frost, since it was a tad bit dry for my taste.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Quite possibly, though I want to try some other cake recipes first! And if I make it again, I will definitely try the ATK buttercream recipe!