I’m continuing our challenge from 2013 to make at least one new recipe from our two newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2014.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Whole Wheat Raspberry Ricotta Scones from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook (pages 14-16)
- when did we make this? Husband baked these Saturday, February 21, 2015 to bring to brunch with friends.
- did we change anything? We used frozen raspberries rather than fresh. Since we froze the unbaked scones (as per the recipe suggestion for making them ahead of time), it didn’t seem to matter.
- what did we like? The flavor was fantastic, the texture was wonderful, and the moistness was incredible.
- what didn’t we like? Nothing.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Yes!! They are delicious and so easy to make. Plus, with the make-ahead option, they seem even easier!