I’m continuing our challenge from 2013 and 2014 to make at least one new recipe from some of our newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2015.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Spring Vegetable Pasta from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (pages 249-250)
(photo from before we added our own Parmesan)
- when did we make this? Monday, March 30, 2015, for supper. Asparagus is in season!!
- did we change anything? I halved the recipe, and I used medium/small shells because I didn’t have campanelle. I also used chicken stock because I didn’t have vegetable stock on hand.
- what did we like? The flavors are fresh and incredible. Truly like spring in a bowl! I also loved the new technique for cooking the pasta, and the fact that the asparagus ends and leek tops were used to enrich the stock– it felt like I was really using up that produce (Don’t you hate feeling like you’re throwing so much away normally?).
- what didn’t we like? Nothing 🙂
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? YES! This is going to be on my mind whenever asparagus comes into season.