I’m continuing our challenge from 2013 and 2014 to make at least one new recipe from some of our newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2015.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Skillet Jambalaya from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (page 59)
- when did we make this? Wednesday, April 1, 2015, for supper.
- did we change anything? Nope.
- what did we like? Husband loved it! Even though it took a long time to make this recipe, it really was very simple to execute. I liked it well enough–especially the shrimp. I even tried the andouille sausage (and if you know me, you know that’s a big deal, because sausage is on my no-thanks list), and I thought it was decent (if it weren’t so hot, I actually would have liked it).
- what didn’t we like? Our rice didn’t get cooked through, so it was kind of crunchy. Not sure how this happened, but I will definitely make sure it gets more done the next time!
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? I know Husband loved this meal, so I’ll definitely make it again for him in the future.