I’m continuing our challenge from 2013 and 2014 to make at least one new recipe from some of our newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2015.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Chicken Fajitas and Steak Fajitas for a Charcoal Grill from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (pages 356-359)
no photo because I totally forgot!
Husband, amazing man that he is, stood outside in a torrential downpour to finish the grilling. The heavens opened just as he put the meat and vegetables on the fire, but he dedicatedly tended it and still managed to get perfectly grilled meat.
We had to finish the vegetables under the broiler; they were just vessels to collect rainwater!
- when did we make this? Saturday, May 16, 2015, for supper with friends.
- did we change anything? Not for the steak. For the chicken, we opted not to use the extra marinade at the end– the chicken was so flavorful already!
- what did we like? We especially liked the chicken– the meat was moist and tasty!
- what didn’t we like? Nothing 🙂
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Yes. No changes necessary!