See all the posts about V’s quilt HERE.
Almost from the very beginning, I knew that I wanted to do a scrappy binding for this quilt. I ended up using some leftover 2″ strips from the front and back–as well as cutting more!– to prepare the yards and yards I needed.
I machine-stitched it to the front of the quilt…
…then spent hours hand-finishing it on the back.
I couldn’t help myself: I had to take a photo of the finished binding the moment the last stitch was sewn and the thread was cut. It was pretty late at night!
I think the scrappy binding looks so fun!
I will admit that the hand-finishing was my least favorite part of the process, by far. It was hard for me to justify sitting down to stitch when I had so many other things (both personal projects and just regular household management) to do, but I got a lot done at a church craft day and also while I joined in playing a game online with some friends!
Binding preparation : 2.17 hours
Attaching binding by machine : 1.83 hours
Hand-finishing binding : 10.98 hours