I’m continuing our challenge from 2013 and 2014 to make at least one new recipe from some of our newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2015.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Super-Crispy Oven-Fried Fish from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (page 190)
- when did we make this? Tuesday, June 9, 2015, for supper.
- did we change anything? No.
- what did we like? The coating is very crispy and flavorful. We definitely enjoyed the fish.
- what didn’t we like? The raw shallots in the coating were a little bit strong, so I had a stomachache later (sadly, I don’t do well with raw onion-like foods).
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? I would like to make this again, to expand our seafood recipe repertoire. However, I would like to figure out a way to soften the shallot flavor a bit– maybe saute them?