I’m continuing our challenge from 2013 and 2014 to make at least one new recipe from some of our newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2015.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Skillet Chicken and Rice with Broccoli and Cheddar from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (page 58)
- when did we make this? Wednesday, August 5, 2015, for supper.
- did we change anything? I didn’t have enough long-grain rice, so I supplemented what I did have with some sushi (medium-grain) rice. It didn’t make any noticeable difference to the cooking time or the taste!
- what did we like? This dish has fantastic flavor. It’s definitely not bland!
- what didn’t we like? Nothing!
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Yes!