Well, we are four days into 2016. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about my goals for the year (we all know that I’m very goal-oriented). However, I want to make a conscious effort not to overload myself with too many! (This is a running theme in my life ;-)) Husband is lovingly helping me to stay realistic with my goals!
However, it does help me to stay focused to have goals. I just wrote about how I always have an enormous number of ideas and projects running around (and we’re talking sprinting here) in my head. Having goals makes me choose and prioritize the projects.
With that in mind, here are my overall goals for 2016:
- scrapbook more. Last year I made just two traditional layouts for my own albums. It would be really awesome to average at least one traditional layout or project per month.
- make more cards. I love being able to send handmade cards for loved ones’ birthdays. I would love to have more ready ahead of time, rather than make them in a last-minute panicked rush!
- finish B’s baby album. The daily photos and cards are finished. I’d like to add the special inserts and finish the decorative parts (weekly cards, etc.)
- exercise about 3 times per week. I still prefer to run outside, but now that we have a rowing machine, it makes it easier to work out in the cold of winter.
- keep sewing. I had so much fun with all of my sewing projects in 2016! I’d love to make some clothes for myself using the Burda patterns I won in the Halloween costume contest.
- keep up with my photos.
In the past, I have set monthly goals for myself to help me to achieve my yearly goals. Now that my baby is getting bigger and has a slightly more predictable schedule, I am going to try to set monthly goals again.
In January 2016, my goals are to:
- finish sewing one last princess dress for our upcoming Disney trip.
- make some memory keeping journals for my upcoming Disney trip.
- plan my December daily 2015 album.
- in addition to working out 3 times per week, complete a 30-day arms challenge
- keep up with my photos (though I am giving myself grace for our trip photos. That is going to be a whole ‘nother ball game).
- prioritize Bible study and prayer. This means completing my devotions before working on projects during quiet time.
Do you set goals?