Let me start by giving an update on my goals for last month. In January 2016, my goals were to:
- finish sewing one last princess dress for our upcoming Disney trip: DONE! (Project Princess Dress posts are upcoming!!)
- make some memory keeping journals for my upcoming Disney trip: DONE! (Look for a post about these later in the week)
- plan my December daily 2015 album: Only partway done. Add this to my goals for February. I think it was a lot to ask to add this to my to-do list with our huge trip on the calendar for January!
- in addition to working out 3 times per week, complete a 30-day arms challenge: I kept up with this really well until our trip to Disney World. Not only did I get thrown off by the trip, but I got a bad cold while we were away and am still trying to bounce back from it. I definitely miss exercising and I want to get back to it as soon as possible.
- keep up with my photos (though I am giving myself grace for our trip photos. That is going to be a whole ‘nother ball game): DONE!! I am so excited about this. I was completely caught up with my everyday January photos the night before we left for our Disney trip. Since we arrived home (with a very large number of photos, which should surprise no one!), I have been working hard to get them into a presentable form, since I want to share them with family and friends! As of January 31, I have gone through all of my own photos, with the help of my wonderful Husband, and I just have the PhotoPass and photos from others to go through. I will talk more about this soon!
- prioritize Bible study and prayer: God is good!! He has given me a desire to study His word, and it has been a blessing. I am thankful for a woman at church, who gave me guidance and encouragement to begin a prayer journal that really fits my personality, and it has made me even more excited about spending dedicated time in prayer.
- BONUS: I made a scrapbook layout! It felt so good to get back to traditional paper scrapbooking. Plus, we tried a new recipe from the Smitten Kitchen cookbook (post coming soon).
As we begin February, I’m setting (and re-setting) some more goals. They keep me on track! In February 2016, I hope to:
- make a basic princess scrapbook for V.
- make a basic photobook of our favorite Disney photos for V and B to look at– as soon as possible, so that their memories of the trip won’t fade.
- finish planning my December Daily 2015 album, and order the prints. If possible, begin assembling album.
- make a plan for my Disney World trip scrapbook.
- make cards.
- keep up with my photos.
- work out at least 3 times per week. do an arms/abs regimen to keep myself toned.
- prioritize Bible study and prayer.
On Saturday, I went to a free photography workshop with some friends. While it wasn’t the highest level of photography education out there, it did get me thinking about how to improve my skills with my camera. I’m going to make a more concerted effort to learn the manual functions on my DSLR starting this month. I’ll be starting by shooting only in aperture-priority mode for at least a week to force myself to truly learn the settings!
What are your goals for February?