We wanted V to have a little desk in her room so that she had a nice place to work on activities during her quiet time. I hit the jackpot when I found a small vanity + bench via Craigslist for $20!
However, I’m pretty certain that the whole thing got pretty wet at one point (or was in a wet basement), since it had a strong musty smell– the worst offender was the padded bench.
I decided to re-upholster it myself; since I only paid $20 for the set, I figured this would be a great “training” piece! Thanks to my friend Beth’s tutorial, I felt brave enough to try the process myself. After removing the top from the legs, I picked out all of the staples to remove the fabric and foam.
To replace them, I got a piece of 3″ foam from Hobby Lobby, and I also found a cotton duck printed with a large, bright floral on clearance there! I think the fabric looks great with the colors in V’s quilt— and I paid only $3.33 for the piece!
After doing a bit of Pinterest “research,” I decided to use a tutorial from Teal and Lime to guide me in making the corners.
After trying out two different borrowed staple guns, we finally just broke down and bought our own– not a big investment, haha! This was a very straightforward and inexpensive project, and I think it looks great!