It’s been a while since I posted a recipe review! Husband and I still do a lot of cooking, but for whatever reasons, we’ve not made too many new recipes from these cookbooks in the past few months. We have been going back and re-making favorites from the books, though! In February, we tried this new one, and then we also made the ATK Pot Roast recipe (twice!! it’s that good, we had to share it a couple weeks later with friends). I forgot both times to take photos of the Pot Roast, because I was so excited about eating it 😉 But back to the recipe a hand…
Recipe: Weeknight Bolognese from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (page 259; affiliate link)
- when did we make this? Friday, February 26, 2016 for supper.
- did we change anything? Nope.
- what did we like? This is truly a weeknight recipe!
- what didn’t we like? It’s worth it for the flavor, but it’s not my normal routine to buy the ground meat mixture called for in the recipe. However, it’s such a good recipe that I probably should make it a freezer staple to have on hand!
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Absolutely. And I would serve it with a plainer pasta than the tricolor rotini that I chose. I wanted the sauce’s flavor to be the star, and the spinach pasta competed.