September turned out to be a good month for my goals!
- Get started on PhD ornament orders. Like you probably saw, my shop is officially open for the holiday 2016 season! I had six orders in the first two days of my shop opening, and I was able to complete them all within the month. I’ll be showing the ornaments in blog posts in groups of four throughout the season–look for my first post soon!
- Finish a purple jersey knit shift dress that I started (and almost finished!) in August. Done! I wore it a few times when the weather was still quite hot in September, but I still haven’t gotten photos of it! This week is supposed to be warm, and I’ll try to get some photos and write a blog post. I’m pretty happy about the dress pattern.
- Tidy up my craft room. I did do a pretty deep-dive tidy up, and instead of taking a whole Saturday and doing it in one chunk like I’d expected, I ended up doing it in bits and pieces. It wasn’t quite as satisfying this way, but it got the job done, and that’s what matters. I’m going back to my old way of storing stuff-to-scrapbook, and I’ve also made a pile of things I need to sew. In the process of cleaning up, I was able to tackle a few not-so-exciting tasks to finally check them off my list– like putting more pages into my scrapbook albums and filling them with layouts. It is so nice to have them in their rightful homes!
- SCRAPBOOKING! As we approached the end of the month, I realized I hand’t done anything (aside from reorganizing my stuff-to-scrapbook) for this goal, and I was pretty disappointed in myself. It really was that I was somehow avoiding scrapbooking, which is silly, because I love it. I was just intimidated by the photos that I have on hand to scrapbook–my Disney ones, mostly. They seem really important, and I am also missing some for the more”precious” stories, so I need to go through and plan some re-printing. BUT, last week, I set a little “private” goal to see if I could make a layout each weekday. I managed to do four in five days! (I didn’t account for the fact that one of my new roles this fall was going to absorb an incredible amount of my free time last week…) One was my Wookiee page, and I finished three more– about Christmas 2009, of all things! I will be posting them soon. I LOVED the challenge of a layout-a-day. It’s not realistic for a long-term challenge for me at this phase in my life, but I hope to challenge myself in this way more in the future. One awesome benefit of trying to complete a layout each day was that I didn’t have time to fiddle around and try three gazillion different options. I had to make decisions and stick with them. It felt good.
- Exercise three times per week, along with my arms/abs/legs toning exercises. There were weeks that I did 4 or 5 days of exercise! Yay! I LOVE my ballet class. It is awesome!! I didn’t keep up with the arms/abs/legs toning exercises– partly because I’m bored of them (I’ve been trying to do them daily for a number of months now), and partly because ballet is taking some of their place. I’ve even been doing some barre videos (ballet barre, not the workout class) via YouTube at home. I just love it.
- Prioritize Bible study and prayer. Done.
October is here and I’m not exactly sure what to expect! There is always the chance for more regalia ornament orders, which take high priority around here! But in the meantime…
- Scrapbook some more (I’m hooked again after last week). At least one layout this month.
- Make a couple cards.
- Start on a Christmas gift?
- If there’s time, work on a garment sewing project for myself.
- Exercise at least 3 times per week.
- Prioritize Bible study and prayer.
Wish me luck!